CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

We had a really great weekend (sort of).
I didn't have to work. Saturday morning I was kind of grumpy though, since Drake had woken me three or so times during the night by screaming for me. The first time was because his blanket had fallen off him and onto the floor. The other times, I'm not sure why. The last time, Bart came into our room complaining that Drake was screaming, so George moved Drake into our bedroom.
Anyway, I was pooped. George kept annoying me by offering to make me breakfast even when I told him I did NOT eggs and toast. I just wanted to be left alone.
I pulled it together a little later, though, and we all headed over to George's friend's house to go swimming. We ate lunch, played a little Guitar Hero, went swimming, and took a dip in the hot tub. I enjoyed myself, even though I was really exhausted and not in much of a partying mood. The kids had a blast of course, commandeering one anothers' ships/floats and launching cannons/beach balls at each other.
Around 5pm we packed up and headed to Kinston for my nephew Mack's birthday party. Lucy and Drake fell asleep pretty quickly on the drive.




Skylar made a pretty good pillow - until Drake drooled on her arm.

Bart is watching Pirates of the Caribbean - and biting his nails - again.

George, always one to smile for the camera.

And since there are never any pictures of me, I used the mirror to take one.




Mack was having his party at Grainger Stadium, at a Kinston Indians' game. It was a sticky and hot night, but all in all, not a bad night for a baseball game. We stayed for only three or four innings - long enough to visit some, watch Mack open his gifts, and share some cake.


The birthday boy, front and center.

Skylar and Leslie-Grace.



Lucy and Mommy and Bart in the background.



Bart hanging out.


Drake enjoying the chocolate cake, even though he was too full to eat more than five bites of his hot dog.

No comments: