CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

MY BABY GIRL IS ONE!!!!









Lucy is a year old today. As of 5:40pm, she is no longer an infant. She is my last child and she is swiftly growing up. Tomorrow, she could be in middle school. I feel so old. I'm fairly certain that tomorrow morning when I wake up I am going to find a gray hair. I have not found one yet, but I'm trying to prepare myself for that day. I think I might actually do something drastic, like go blonde, when it happens.

Dad & Diane came up for the afternoon. They came bearing gifts. Lucy took a few minutes to warm up, but then she was really in her element, being her usual cheeky self. Of course, the other three children received gifts, too.





For dinner, we went to Golden Corral (I didn't realize they don't sing Happy Birthday to guests anymore - what stinkers). We ate a ton, including Lucy. She devoured mac n' cheese, her favorite, and even stole some of Drake's mashed potatoes off his plate.



Then she got her feet involved.



And found out how much fun it is to squish mashed potatoes between your fingers.


Lucy topped off the night by eating a bowl of ice cream with the wrong end of the spoon.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Yay, Happy Birthday, Lucy!