CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I know now I could never be a single mom. I can't keep up with everything around the house and work, too.

I forgot to pay the water bill so I had to get up at the crack of dawn yesterday and drive to Town Hall in my PJ's before the truck left to turn our water off. I just made it, too, thank goodness, or I'd have had to pay them $70 in reconnect fees.

Also, my kids are not eating a lot of vegetables these days, and I'm not really sure when they last bathed. I can't find any lids to Drake's sippy cups. We've had frozen pizza for dinner three times.

Oh, and there is a huge cardboard construction on my front lawn. It looks really tacky. Skylar, Bart, and Drake played with their two friends from across the street today. They wanted to get some cardboard boxes and build a clubhouse with tape and glue. So I said OK, like a dummy, and told them to do it under the shade of the big magnolia out front. So Skylar and Sydney come back from Sydney's house with several boxes, one of which is a gun safe box, taller than I am. I realized then that they were pretty serious about their construction. They worked on it for a couple of hours, gluing, taping, and finally tying the clubhouse to some lower limbs of the magnolia to keep it standing. It's a pretty cool clubhouse, but a pretty trashy lawn ornament. I'm going to have a time trying to convince the kids to recycle it.

1 comment:

Nessa and Jeebs said...

I feel for you Wendy- George will be home on friday right? I guess husbands are good for something :)