CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Today our lawn mower blew up.
Literally.
Thursday, George thought it had broken. Then yesterday he thought he had fixed it. Then he cranked it up today to see, and well, the engine blew up. So basically, only half of our front lawn is cut right now. It looks real classy. If we were still living on the golf course, we'd probably get fined.

On a lighter note, Lucy wore her first ponytail today.

I never subjected Skylar to all the indignities usually heaped on baby girls. I didn't always make her wear pink. I gave her a blue room. I didn't pierce her ears or make her wear hair bands and hair bows and cute little hairstyles. I didn't even really make her wear shoes. I've waited many years to get a chance to make up for some of those things I missed doing. Sorry, Lucy. You're just going to have to put up with me.


Her ponytail is pretty much just a little fluff of hair with a pink rubber band, but I love it! It was really hard to get it out when I put her to bed, though.

Today we played hooky from church, which I feel bad about. OK, not really hooky. We just overslept. George made me get up early to get a shower, then I snuggled back up with him in bed for a few minutes and next thing we knew, it was nearly ten. The kids had only just gotten up. We had let them stay up until about nine last night watching the Princess Bride, so they were pretty tired. Plus, Skylar had come home from Jamie's yesterday saying that she wasn't feeling well. She seemed to feel better today, but you never know with kids.

Around 1pm we went to George's friend's house to swim in their new pool and have lunch. Their house is new and enormous . The upstairs is like a maze with different levels. It's pretty awesome. Unfortunately, it started pouring. There was actually a tornado warning for River Bend and Trent Woods. Luckily, we were out in Carolina Pines. The kids didn't get to swim for very long before we had to retreat onto the screened porch. However, we did get to go for a dip in the hot tub and it was ni-ice. It's been a long time since I've been able to go in a hot tub. It seems like every time I've been near one, I haven't been able to get in because I've been pregnant. Nothing was stopping me this time, though.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun, even though we accidentally left the pool bag at home (with everyone's change of clothes and all but one of the swim diapers). Luckily, we grabbed the towels, but Lucy ended up going home in only her diaper and Drake fell asleep in the car with no pants on and a poopy diaper, since we realized our baby wipes were also in the pool bag.

Speaking of diapers, while I was at work yesterday, George let Drake run around in only his underwear - no diaper. Drake actually went pee in the big potty and even did a little #2. However, only a few minutes later, he took an enormous dump in his underwear and peed on the floor of the playroom. George was mad because he got poo on his foot. I thought it was hilarious. You see, once you've been sprayed with explosive baby poo that shoots across the room and hits the wall, you have very little sympathy for your typical run-of-the mill diapering accidents. I'm just excited that Drake actually went to the potty.

Why does it seem that the majority of my posts involve bodily functions or fluids in some way?

No comments: