CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

My sleeping is not likely to improve this week

Thursday night I spent in a sleep center, having a sleep study done. It was kind of weird. It was a really nice place with really nice rooms, but it was way too quiet. Plus, I was alone in my room. And there was a gigantic flatscreen TV. I just kind of chilled out and read a book until about 10pm when I got hooked up with about a million electrodes. I had these bands to monitor my heart and my breathing. I had electrodes attached to my legs, my chest, my scalp, and my face. Also, I had some kind of apparatus half up my nose, which kept making my nose itch. Oh, and once I laid down in bed and everything was hooked up, I would have to call for help if I needed to go to the bathroom. The likelihood of me not having to get up in the middle of the night to pee is pretty slim, and I can thank my four lovely children for that.
The other weird thing is that I was videotaped as I slept and there were microphones in the room with me to monitor any noise/snoring that I might make.
I slept SO badly. I was miserable the entire night. I think I finally passed out and got maybe three hours of sleep before we were woken up at 6am. My back hurt, my legs twitched, my mind wouldn't shut down - in short it was like a normal night for me, slightly exaggerated due to the electrodes and strange bed.
The tech was nice and as helpful as possible. After the whole night monitoring my sleep via audio and video, he was like, "Do you sleep that badly every night?" I said pretty much, and he said he felt sorry for me. I told him he should be feeling sorry for my husband. The tech said, "Yeah, I can imagine that you're not the most pleasant person when you wake up."
I just hope they can tell me why I can't sleep well these past several years. I really want to sleep and be a well-rested person! Since George has been in Mexico, I have been sleeping even worse than usual, which is to say, hardly at all.

No comments: