CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Vacation?

I'm scheduled to have a sleep study on August 13. I go into this really quiet/relaxing/nice sleep center at the back of my psych's building. There are several rooms that are waaay better than hotel rooms even. They're outfitted with big, comfy beds, flatscreen TV's, and cute decor. I get to go in around 8pm and spend the night there - alone. All by myself in a room and in a bed - sort of like if I went on vacation all alone. Sure it's only for one night, but I'm looking forward to relaxing.

Sure, I'll have like a hundred little electrodes attached to me here and there to monitor me while I sleep. Sure, I'll be videotaped and recorded while I sleep so a bunch of people can scrutinize me snoring and drooling with my mouth hanging open for eight hours.

Whatever. I checked my shame in at the door of the hospital when I had my first kid. After that experience, there is no such thing as shame.

Anyway, the Dr. is hoping to be able to tell if I have Restless Leg Syndrome (almost certainly I do), as well as if I have Sleep Apnea or anything like that which would be interrupting my sleep. And me...well, I'm just looking forward to kicking back with a good book in bed and relishing a few hours of peace and quiet - Dr's orders.

No comments: