CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

School Time Again


This has been one crazy week. I worked every evening so far, but had Saturday and Sunday off, which was nice.
Skylar and Bart started back to school on Tuesday. I'm so sad to see summer go. So were they. George helped them get lunch boxes and bookbags packed Monday night and clothes picked out (I had to make Bart change his clothes in the morning).
We got to school in plenty of time to unload the troops and walk the Big Two inside. As soon as we pulled up, Skylar and Bart started yelling that they saw their new friends from across the street and JUMPED out of the car so fast. I've never seen them move that fast where school is concerned. We walked in with our new neighbors and I made sure to take pictures as we left each kid at their classroom.
Here's Bart and Drake. Bart tried to convince me that his teacher wouldn't mind if I allowed Drake to accompany him to school on the first day. Drake even had his bookbag packed.



Everything was all fun and games until we got to Skylar's classroom in front of all her friends and frenemies.
Even though the picture is blurry, I included this one because Skylar is giving a My-Mom-is-SOOO-Embarrassing look. She's in fifth grade now, of course.
So it begins.


It was kind of nice just having the Little Two alone for awhile. I got absolutely nothing accomplished that day other than getting a shower while the two of them were napping, but I felt good about life. It was kind of a relief to be getting back into a routine.
At 3pm, our neighbor walked over to our yard and I went outside to join her in waiting for the bus. We had a nice chat before the children unloaded and went tearing through the yard like wild monkeys that had been cooped up for the past seven hours.
Then we met George at Dairy Queen for after-school ice cream and I went to work. Lucy was really mad that we didn't let her have any ice cream. The big kids loved it, though.



And thus ended their first day back at school.

No comments: