CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 29, 2009

River Fun

This evening, our friends the Nicolaysens invited us and the Weekes to meet them at Flanners Beach. In the summer, the water there is SO warm, it feels like bathwater. That part of the river is shallow for a long way out, so it's a good place for little kids to wade and splash, if you don't mind the funny river-smell (George does).


Anyway, it was a perfect idea for a Family Home Evening outing, although it was really hot and humid. The kids, of course, had a blast. That's what's so great about being a kid. You can have the most amazing time just playing fort in an old cardboard box, for heaven's sake.


There were several interesting developments while we were hanging out on the beach. The first was that George discovered that people (me included) do in fact regularly post personal information on their blogs. Sometimes it amazes/concerns me that his brilliant engineering mind seems to have a hard time wrapping itself around certain simple concepts. Anyway, George was surprised that I would blog about him buying my Coach bag. Come on!! I mean, I have to write about something other than baby poo, which is pretty much the recurring theme in my life right now.
Which brings me to the second interesting development. It has to do with baby poo.
Drake pooed his swim diaper while we were drying off and by the time I got him to the car, it was absolutely disgusting. Honestly, I am going to have a party when that boy finally gets potty-trained. Usually he runs and hides from me when he poos, so I knew it was going to be pretty bad when he actually sought me out and asked me to change his diaper.

Anyway, it was an absolutely gorgeous sight as the sun started sinking. I couldn't resist taking some pictures of the sky over the river.


And I didn't want George to feel left out of all my blogging fun, so I took and posted as many pictures of him as I could.




1 comment:

Nessa and Jeebs said...

hhehehehe- I love it! even if it was disgustingly hot and stinky!