CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ah, the weekend




So here's how my hair ended up. I like it, it's just a really big change. It's weird not being able to put my hair up, but it's kind of nice, too. I've gotten a ton of compliments. I'll have to tell Darcy; she did a great job.
Last night was awful. I didn't get a wink of sleep. I went up to bed early enough, but I had restless leg syndrome really bad, so I tossed and turned and my legs twitched until about 1:15. I finally drug myself out of bed, popped some Benadryl, and ate a snack while I waited for the meds to kick in. I must have slept for about an hour and a half when Lucy woke us up, crying. We were worried, since Lucy hasn't woken up at night in ages - not since we turned off the baby monitor for about three nights in a row and made her cry it out. I was so groggy from the Benadryl that my head was spinning as I went to check in on her. The neighbor kids directly behind us had woken her up! The idiots were in their pool at 4am, yelling and splashing and squealing. I was so mad! I opened the window and yelled at them to quiet down. Yesterday was graduation for the local high schools, so there were a lot of celebrating teenagers living it up last night. I'm OK with parties, but 4am???? Come on! Their pool is directly behind Lucy and Sky's room, so the sound really carried to the rooms on that end of the house (you could barely hear anything in our bedroom). It took me forever to get Lucy settled down; she was all keyed up because there were people outside yelling and laughing. They did stop screaming after I yelled at them to be quiet, but they were still splashing and talking fairly loudly - loud enough that I had to turn on Lucy's musical mobile to drown out some of the noise. If she hadn't gone back to sleep when she finally did, I was going to threaten to call the cops. Luckily, she did go back to sleep, and I was able to go back to bed, but I don't think I really got into a deep sleep before the alarm clock went off. Ugh - George and I both felt so tired and yucky. He was going to skip church to catch up on some zzz's, but I pretty much forced him to get up and help me get the kids ready. I hate trying to get them all to church by myself.
George, Drake, and I did get a nap after church, thank goodness. We paid Skylar and Bart two bucks each to watch Lucy for an hour while we napped. When I woke up, I saw that I had gotten a message from work that they needed some help, so I ended up going into work from 4 to 6. George and the children showed up at Target to say hi and wait for me to get off work. The boys were so hyper. Bart was bubbling over with excitement that he had found eleven rubber bands on the floor while waiting for me. Drake screamed for popcorn, and we tried to ignore him. When we got home, we made tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, followed by ice cream for dessert - mmmm, healthy.
George made lemon meringues last night, but they did not turn out as nice as the ones I made on Wednesday. They got all chewy and tough. They tasted fine, though. He's been quite the little chef lately. Saturday night, he called me at work to tell me that he was working on a special dinner, so I should try to be on time getting home. It turned out to be an Olive Garden-like meal of ricotta, mozzarella, and aged parmesan cheese-stuffed lasagna noodles with this to-die-for homemade alfredo sauce over it and Italian sausage on the side. He even sprinkled a few diced tomatoes on top so that it was almost as pretty as it was tasty. It was absolutely delicious! The best part was dipping our rosemary bread in the leftover alfredo sauce. We had leftovers for lunch today, and all I can say is yum!
Early Friday morning, I had this dream that kind of freaked me out. I dreamed that we had to evacuate our house, so I went to get the kids. But I realized we had another baby that we had forgotten about, a little girl. So I grabbed both her and Lucy up to leave. But I could not for the life of me remember her name. Finally I realized it was because we weren't supposed to have a fifth child and so we had never given her a name. So I decided to call her Ella (I can't remember the middle name I gave her). I hugged the two babies close as I carried them out to the car - Lucy with her dark hair and Ella with her fairer hair. I was really freaked out when I woke up. I mean, what if there was a little Ella waiting for us, and now we'll never know her? Of course, it's probably just a dream, but it was just a little too weird for me. Honestly, I would really love to have a decent night's sleep.

2 comments:

Nessa and Jeebs said...

I love your hair- and I love that you yelled at those teenagers- wtg

Allison said...

Cute blog, and cute hair! I really need to chop mine, but I'm so afraid. Anywho, I hope you get a good night's sleep!