CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Drake's Stunt Double

I took the kids to the library on Friday to sign up for the Summer Reading Program. Lucy fell asleep on the way over, so I loaded her carrier into the double stroller and strapped Drake in the front seat. It took a few minutes to sign all of them up, and Story Time ended before I was done. Our mondo huge stroller was taking up half of the children's section, so I asked Skylar to move it out of the way so the people coming out of Story Time could get by us. As she pushed the stroller by, I noticed suddenly that the kid in the front seat of the stroller wasn't Drake.
I think I did a double-take before yelling, "Hey, that's not my kid!"
Apparently Drake had unbuckled while I was signing them up for the program and had gone off with Bart to pick out some books. They were both reclining on the floor, reading. Meanwhile, a kid roughly the same age and with the same hair color as Drake had climbed up in the stroller for a free ride. I doubt I would have even noticed if Drake's double hadn't had a bright blue binky in his mouth.
The kid's mom came to collect him (he did NOT want to get out of the stroller), and I located Bart and Drake. Everyone thought the situation was pretty funny. I guess it was funny. I was just thankful that I had noticed our little stowaway before we had actually left the library.

Tonight when I finally recharged the batteries in our camera (I've been using my phone to take pictures lately), I found all these adorable pictures I took of Lucy at Easter. I really want to post them, but there are a ton. Maybe if I have ten hours free anytime soon, I'll upload them.

No comments: