CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Our Fun (and Naughty) Outing

After we visited Dad and Diane, we headed over to the outlet shops in Smithfield so George could buy me a Coach bag (long story). He pretty much insisted that I get a Coach, so not being one to pass up a bizarre and unprecedented opportunity to get a new handbag, I spent like 40 minutes elbowing my way around the Coach store. I got this super-cute bag for 70% off - it was still muy expensivo, though. So that was my naughty purchase, although George basically FORCED me to get the bag, so it wasn't really my doing.


Next Skylar and I bought new sneakers at the Reebok store. I have never owned any Reeboks, only Adidas and Nike, so we'll see how they hold up, but they were buy one pair and get a second pair free, so I figured, why not? Last week, I bought Bart some awesome Reeboks at the mall for $25. They look like space shoes, shiny and silver, and I knew he would love them. He is so hard on his shoes. I know if this pair survives his abuse, then they're pretty tough sneakers. At this point in his life, I absolutely refuse to buy him $70 sneakers like some of his friends. George and I had a hard enough time shelling out the $40 for Skylar's pink Timberlands (she wanted Sperries, but they were like $60). Now, I am basically in love with shoes, but I hate spending a ton on kids' shoes.

So, we were very bad and bought things we really didn't need. Last week, George wasn't satisfied with his Father's Day gift of nothing but my love and appreciation, so we went out on Monday and bought him the Guitar Hero Metallica game for Wii. I had planned on buying him this game for Father's Day for weeks, but he got a ticket and we just had to pay $160 in court costs, which effectively killed that idea. I thought George and I were on the same page with the understanding that paying for that ticket was, unfortunatley, the Father's Day gift, but apparently not. I got so sick of his mopey, feel-sorry-for-me attitude I just gave in. So he got the dang game anyway, and I didn't feel so guilty for letting him buy me a Coach today.

After shopping, we headed back home, stopping in Goldsboro at a pizza restaurant called Dough Boy's. We had the biggest pizza ever and I ate too much and made myself sick. It was really good pizza, though. Lucy thought the plate was tasty, too.

Yum, yum.

Drake and the giant pizza.


No comments: