CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 24, 2009

Urine and other liquids

The other day as I was driving (with all the windows closed, by the way), I got hit in the back of the head and the arm by some flying, unidentifiable liquid. It startled me. Luckily, it turned out only to be water that Drake was flinging from his cup, but it really could have been anything. I had to explain to him that it is possible to cause a car accident with a few drops of water, and we haven't had any problems since - with water, that is. He still is prone to throwing things at me or Bart while riding in the car, whenever the mood strikes him. I've been hit by wadded up candy wrappers, small toys and juice cups, even half of a chicken nugget once while driving. I figure I've got pretty good concentration and reflexes on the road, on days like today when Drake screams at me for a snack nonstop from the intersection of MLK and Glenburnie until we pull up in our driveway, Lucy wails because she's tired and hot, Bart chatters at me about a level he just beat on Lego Star Wars, and Skylar asks me to turn the radio up about five times - all at once. Oh, and I have to watch out for the guy up ahead because he decides to pull out when there clearly isn't enough time for him to get across the intersection.
Anyway, speaking of liquids....
About two weeks ago, I went into the downstairs bathroom and discovered that Bart had missed the toilet again when he went to the bathroom. There was pee still on the seat and I found more on the floor. Then, I found that there was a SWAMP of urine to one side of the toilet. In fact, there was an inch or so of it actually in the trash can next to the toilet. Apparently, Bart had completely missed the toilet, but he got the majority of it into the trash can. Does that count?
Honestly, sometimes I am just so grossed out by the daily drudgery of keeping the house from descending into pigsty status.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Wow, that is so gross! I'm glad I don't have a boy...yet. :o)