CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Drake is a cleaning machine

A few weeks ago I spent what is perhaps the wisest fifteen dollars I have ever spent.

Wal Mart was having a sale on little Eureka vacuum cleaners for the college dorm. They went on sale Sunday and I went to get one on Monday, thinking they'd have a ton still. Hah. There were only about six, and the boxes of three of those were water-damaged. So I grabbed the last yellow one. I thought it would come in handy for getting the stairs and quick pick-ups in the bathrooms upstairs.

Well. Well, well. Drake promptly claimed the vacuum as his own. Then he proceeded to vacuum the kitchen floor. And the dining room. Then he moved on to the entryway. And ended up in the playroom where Mack begged to have a turn vacuuming. Then Bart wanted a turn. Then Drake wanted it back. Then the boys wanted another turn. I was so shocked that boys wanted to vacuum my floor. What's more amazing is that after a good while, I had to MAKE them put it up. I was afraid they would break it or something in their enthusiasm.



Eureka mini vacuum: fifteen dollars. Macaroni and cheese for lunch: two-fifty. Three boys taking turns vacuuming my house: priceless.

No comments: