CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Just the Girls




Bart and Drake spent a couple of days with Mindy the other week. So Skylar, Lucy, and I did what any girl would do with the boys away (no, actually we didn't go shopping - no moola). We did the next best thing: hit the pool and had lunch together. It was a very quiet, relaxing kind of day. No one hit anyone else, no one screamed, and the only one who threw food at Burger King was Lucy.

Skylar and Lucy made faces for the camera







I had another really funny picture of Skylar, but she deleted it off my phone after I warned her three times that if she deleted it she would be grounded. I was absolutely serious, but she didn't believe me. I got pretty mad that she didn't listen to me, which made her cry. She kept saying, "Mom, are you really going to ground me just for deleting a picture?" and I told her, "No, I'm going to ground you because you didn't listen to me when I told you not to do something." She said she had just thought I was kidding about grounding her. She was pretty upset, but she had really annoyed me. So I let her stew for awhile. Then I pulled into McDonalds and ordered two caramel sundaes from the drive thru. I said, "Skylar" really stern, and then told her that I was just kidding about grounding her, but I was still pretty mad about her not listening to me. Her mouth just fell open and she half-screeched, half-cried "Moooooommmmm!" with her hands balled up. She said she had really believed me. I told her that maybe if I served it up with ice cream, she would remember this little lesson.

No comments: