CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rambling

Will it ever stop raining? I wanted to take the kids to the pool today but we had major lightning and thunder. Instead, after we finished up some morning chores, we ended up going to the library and to play in the indoor play area of Chick Fil A. I really like that New Bern is such a small town sometimes. While we were at Chick Fil A, we ran into our neighbors and also one of Bart's school friends. When I'm at work, I constantly see people I know and am able to say hi and chat for a minute or two, which is kind of nice.
Speaking of work, it was CRAZY last night. I didn't get home until 10pm. Lucy was mad. George was mad. I just wanted to eat dinner. And to top it all off, while I was at work, my cell phone went psycho and called four or five people at random, including the number "0" before freezing up and flashing back and forth between two internet browser screens. I had to take the battery out. It was bizarre. So, if you happened to be one of the lucky people who got a weird phone call from me yesterday, SORRY! And while I'm making apologies, let me go ahead and say "sorry" in advance for whatever bonehead thing I'm going to do tomorrow!
Speaking of psycho, apparently I have restless leg syndrome to add to the plain old kind of crazy I have. The doctor wants me to do a sleep study, and honestly, I am all for it. I haven't slept well in months. And it really isn't Lucy's fault. She rarely wakes up in the middle of the night these days. Occasionally I can blame the screaming, pool-partying backyard neighbors. But mostly, I don't sleep well because my legs twitch and itch all night, my mind races, and my entire body ends up aching, particularly my back. George thinks we need a new bed. We probably do need a new bed, but I know the bed isn't responsible for my restless legs. Most nights I have to get up and walk or pop a Benadryl to make myself so drowsy that my legs don't bother me.
Despite the fact that I sound like a big fat whiner, I really am thankful for the trials and difficulties I have in my life - they could so easily be much, much worse. I do remember every day to give thanks in my prayers for all that I have been blessed with.

No comments: