CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 10, 2009

Sunburns and sandy snacks

George & I took the boys and Lucy to the Fort Macon today. It was Lucy's first trip to the beach. She had fun sitting on the blanket and dumping our snacks out of the plastic baggies. Surprisingly, she didn't eat any sand.
The sun was pretty warm today, but the wind was still cool, so it wasn't an ideal beach day. The water was too chilly, of course. This didn't stop Drake from getting sandy and wet from head to toe, though. Bart found a really big, neat shell.
Drake's back, shoulders, and arms got SO red. My legs got pretty red, too. Luckily, I slathered sunscreen on Lucy, but before I could get to the boys, they were covered in sand already. Last year, I always made them sunscreen-up while we were still in the car to save time and ensure that everyone got sunscreened before they ran off to play. So Drake got his first-ever sunburn.
Skylar spent last night at her friend Hannah's house and Hannah is spending the night here tonight. George and I are about to watch some Soup.
I'll post pictures soon--

No comments: