CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Losing weight is easier if you're too poor to buy food

George has lost 10 pounds over the last two weeks or so. I'm proud of him. It's hard to lose weight when there is so much good stuff around to eat. We tortured ourselves by watching this program about Barbecue today. NC was featured in it. It made me miss eating at Bill's Barbecue. When Bart was teething, I would give him a cornbread stick from Bill's to chew on.
Don't get me wrong. We have plenty of food in our house. It's just that I don't want any of it.
Week 2 on Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. It's hard, but not impossible. The hardest part is cutting out all the little things we do for our own convenience (like getting a biscuit at Bojangles instead of having a bowl of cereal when we're running short on time). It's also a pain to not blow money on stupid stuff, like a cute pair of shoes I don't really need. We're also having to limit the amount of birthday parties we let the kids go to. Sometimes they're invited to three in a weekend! We're just going to have to anticipate things like that in our budget as we go along.
I guess it's all about changing your attitude. We live in a culture that tells us at every opportunity "Yes, we can" (ha ha), and "you deserve it". After awhile, you really start to believe you do deserve it, even if you can't really afford it. It's a real problem. What I guess we have to remember is that anything worth having is going to take some hard work. Well, this is hard work!!!! But we are going to succeed.

1 comment:

Nessa and Jeebs said...

I can't wait to be losing weight instead of gaining :) good luck with it y'all!! Wendy if you lose any more weight you'll disappear :)