CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snowy days and hairy backs

Last night it snowed a dusting over everything, resulting in a 2-hour delay for the children's school. Even though there was not enough snow to play in, Drake still found a way to get really wet.

Last night, I performed an act of service borne of pure and selfless love. I waxed my husband's back.

I had suggested it in passing a few days ago, more to make him laugh than anything else, but he surprised me yesterday by asking me to help him do it. It was actually a lot of fun. Maybe because it involved applying hot wax to his skin and ripping large swathes of hair from his body. Maybe because it gave him a taste of what women go through on a regular basis, not to mention a healthy dose of respect for the bikini wax. Maybe it was just because we were spending quality time together.

Whatever it was, we were hysterical with laughter by the time we were done. We didn't get much done, due to George's rather low threshold for pain, but it was interesting, to say the least.

George will probably be annoyed if he sees this post, but I couldn't help myself. Besides, I suspect he might have posted an unattractive picture of me on Facebook.

No comments: