CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 23, 2009

Love ya, Monday

If it weren't for Family Home Evening, Mondays would be a total washout. I totally understand why so many businesses here in the south take Mondays off in addition to Sundays.
Today I tried to buy new sneakers, but Lucy cried and Drake pulled shoes off the display the whole time. I felt so bad about tearing up the store, I just ended up buying Bart a new pair of summer sandals and got the heck out of there. No way am I going to impulse-buy myself $80 sneakers while the babies are squalling.
The school nurse called to tell me that Bart was in her office twice complaining of his eye hurting. He ended up with a little fever (how this relates to a sore eye I have no clue), but he was well enough this evening to wolf down his dinner and even had room for the cheese pie George had made for FHE treat.
Speaking of FHE, I was so proud of Bart. While George and I were cleaning up after dinner, we heard this loud thud. It turns out Bart was climbing up on a stool in the game closet to get down one of our favorite games, Family Bingo. Something fell, I'm not sure what. He planned out our FHE tonight and was very take-charge about the whole thing, insisting that we play Family Bingo for our game. Skylar was slightly amused/superior about Bart's agenda, but I reminded her about some of her own early attempts at planning out Family Home Evening.
We took a trip to Lowe's after George got off work tonight to finish getting a few things for our garden. Drake wailed and clung to my legs while we waited in line. I traded crazy toddler stories with the guy behind me in line who was sympathetic to my plight.
Yep, so that was my day. Tomorrow promises to be more exciting - I'm going to try to be in three different locations at once in the evening. Would someone please notify me the MINUTE the FDA approves cloning??

No comments: