CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Grandma Rosie

This evening, my dad called to tell me that my grandma, his mom, had died today. She would have been 94 in July. Just last week she had gone into the hospital and was not doing well. She had started to recover and everyone had reason to believe she would pull through it. In fact, she was being released to go home (with care, as she would have to remain on oxygen). Dad had returned home from Richmond. George and I had made plans to take the children up this Saturday to visit her. We thought it would be better to do so after she was settled back home, or at least not in the hospital. So we were making the last-minute plans for our trip today, and then we heard from my dad. I feel so bad because we have not seen her in months. We had hoped to see her over Christmas break, but things did not work out. Skylar and Bart really wanted to visit her again, and Drake had only ever seen her once, when he was pretty small.
Grandma Rosie (or Mawmaw as I had always called her) lived a very long, full life. When it isn't quite so late, I will tell a little more about it.

No comments: