CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Catching up again

I think I spend my entire life "catching up". I can't believe it is halfway through July and I've been so slack with entries. All I can say is that it's been non-stop since Summer began. I truly do not feel like I have had a moment to relax at all so far. We've gone on vacation, but I almost feel more stressed out afterward. I need a vacation all to myself.
So now I will attempt to play a bit of catch up, just so I can get some really adorable pictures of the kids posted.
On my end, I've been really busy with my Charmed Moments business. In the beginning, I spent every free moment online or studying my training materials or organizing my business materials. Then I proceeded to have four shows with the last two weeks of June. Then I got all the merchandise in, almost at once, and that was an experience! Luckily, my wonderful sisters-in-law and my mother-in-law were able to help out a ton by helping me to package a lot of the jewelry when it arrived. Skylar, too, has been a blessing. She's like my cuter, more fashionable version of Vanna White when I do shows. She wants to wear all the jewelry and pass everything out and even (gasp!) clean up and pack away all my materials afterward. What would I do without her? I'm in the middle of a catalog party right now, with a party scheduled for next week, and one in August. I'm getting close to my delivery date, though, so I'm getting a little nervous about scheduling shows from here out. I'm not sure when I'll feel calm and collected enough after the baby is born to do another show, but I'm going to try really hard to jump back into it before exhaustion causes me to second-guess myself.
George has been working pretty hard. He's got a patent in the works, for which I know he's proud of. I'm proud of him. He's so smart, I hated seeing him waste his talents for so long. But, as with myself, I think he often can't see clearly which of his many talents to focus on, and so he doesn't focus on any of them. Sometimes I think it would be far easier to only have one talent, or one passion, because then you could focus everything on it, instead of being undecided and torn as George and I are. I really just want to write, but life keeps getting in the way.
As my due date gets closer and I get more uncomfortable, I'm just trying to keep life simple. I'm not doing as much housework as I would normally do. My house is always slightly untidy and the bathrooms are not always clean. I can't keep up with laundry. I've been trying to take the children to the pool as much as possible.
Skylar took a round of swim lessons and is working on her diving skills.










Bart is taking his swim lessons now. Just yesterday, he got rid of his swim pack and is working on swimming on his own. He also jumped off the diving board for the first time without any flotation device yesterday (with his instructor's supervision, of course). He really wants to get his blue band, which will allow him to go into the deep end of the pool at the YMCA, where we go swimming, and also on the water slides.









Drake, meanwhile, is exploring the excitement of jumping into the pool as recklessly as possible. I'm in constant fear of him hitting his head or jumping in before I can catch him. He learned to say "swim" this week, along with "naughty" and "apple car" (which is Bart's word for Volkswagen Beetles from his babyhood). Drake also has begun practicing his diving, too. It's really cute. He stands on the very edge of the pool, steeples his hands above his head, lowers his head, and "dives" in. I know I'm partial, but it's way cute.



Another thing we've been trying to do this summer is make it to the library in time for Story Time. We haven't succeeded yet, but when we finally do, it will be fun, I'm sure. We have actually made it to the library itself, though, and were rewarded once to see a train come down the middle of the street nearby while we were getting out of the car. You can see the reddish-colored freight cars in the background. You can imagine the boys' excitement. "Do you think that's Thomas??"

No comments: