CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

More Kid Pics

As it turns out, the new phone I purchased (the Sony Walkman phone) takes decent digital pics. I suppose I can't say I really "purchased" it, though. I got it free when I extended my contract with AT&T. I got an excellent deal on it by going through Wal-Mart's electronics department, even though it was a nightmare to deal with them. In the end, though, it was worth it because the phone was completely free, and for my trouble, AT&T customer service generously waived the $18.00 upgrade fee they normally charge. All I paid for was a car charger. Had I gone directly through AT&T to purchase the phone, I would have paid around $70 or $80 (after rebates), in addition to the upgrade fee.
So, as a result, I am a phone-wielding, picture-taking machine these days. George always used to say that it was pointless for me to get a camera phone because I really wouldn't use the camera very much. Well, I have proved him wrong. I take it everywhere, of course, and I often don't even bother with our much larger (but still a great camera, Dad, so thanks!) full-size digital camera. Here are some more pool pictures of the children.




By the way, I'm not very picky about weeding out shots. I will gladly post three nearly identical photos, as I can't bear to exclude anything. To me, every shot that includes my three bathing beauties is excellent.
Speaking of my dad earlier, he and Diane came to visit us for awhile on June 20. They came over for lunch and left a few hours later. I had another jewelry show to do that afternoon, so unfortunately they didn't get to stay terribly long. But it was really nice to see them. The children were hyper and excited, of course.



Dad and Diane had been to Biltmore Estate recently, so they came bearing souvenirs for us all. We ate Bojangles chicken and fixings for lunch. It's always like a circus performance when we have company eat a meal with us, or at least that's how it feels to me. The children usually make a point of being on their goofiest, borderline-naughtiest behavior when we have guests at the dinner table. Is that only my children, or is it some unwritten childhood rule?

No comments: