CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Almost summertime

All right, so I spoke too soon. In a recent post, I mentioned the gorgeous weather we've been having. Well, I should have kept my mouth shut. For the past few days we've been hovering around 98 or so. It's really too hot to do much outside except go swimming. I'm used to the summer heat, but I usually like a little warning. Like how about a gradual warm-up? Not one day 83, the next day 98!
Friday was Moving Up Day at BDQ. Skylar and Bart got to go meet their teachers for next year. I'm not really familiar with any of their new teachers, so we'll just have to see how everything goes. Drake and I went to eat lunch with Skylar and we'll eat lunch with Bart on Monday.
I had planned on taking the children swimming when they got home that afternoon, but we had some visitors. One of our neighbors from Shoreline Drive, Betty, drove her golf cart over with her granddaughter, Brie, who is Skylar's age, to say hello. We haven't seen them since we moved in October, and we were all really glad to get together again. We really miss living next door to Betty & P.R. They were wonderful neighbors and really very nice people. Betty & Brie stayed for awhile to visit. Also, Skylar's friend from school, Trisha, came over to use our phone because she and her brother accidentally got locked out of their house (the live just down the street), and I wanted to stick around until I was sure they had been able to get inside. Around 5:30 we headed out to the pool. By this time, Bart and Drake had severely gotten on my nerves and I was frazzled and didn't even really want to take them to the pool anymore. But I didn't want to punish Skylar, so I went ahead and took them, though Bart had a five minute time-out before he could swim. The water was wonderful! It was only a little cool due to the fact that it was late afternoon, but the sun was still plenty hot. Drake had a ball, and I pretty much had to force him out of the pool and into the car. I took a few pictures with my new phone while we were there.



They're not the greatest quality, but it sure is nice to be able to take a picture without lugging the camera around.

No comments: