CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Awards



On May 29th, Skylar was honored as one of the top 30 AR (Accelerated Reader) kids in her school. Those kids were taken out to breakfast at Golden Corral. With the AR program, kids read (age and reading level-appropriate books) and take a test on them. They earn points doing this throughout the year. Skylar ended up with 320.6 points, the 4th place reader in the entire school, which I thought was pretty awesome. Way to go, Sky! Here she is in the picture with her principal, Mr. Gatlin.



That evening, we had an awards night at BDQ. Bart and Drake filled up on cookies and punch and were way hyper. Drake must have eaten 10 cookies, but it kept him quiet to sit there and poke his finger in the icing and lick it off. It kept him quiet for about an hour. I remember the days when I swore to myself I wouldn't use sweets as an incentive for good behavior...


No comments: