CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 14, 2009

He's back

I picked George up at the airport tonight. His flight actually got in early. I know everyone around us must have thought we'd been apart for MONTHS. I'm sure we looked like lovesick teenagers, but it felt like we were apart for ages. The longest we've ever been apart since George went to boot camp eleven years ago is one week. Two weeks was absolutely too long. I do not see how military families do it.
What George said he missed most while he was in Germany (after me, of course) was his king-sized bed and king-sized blanket. He said for some reason, the blankets over there are basically the size of the bed with no overhang, so you can't really wrap up in them. Even in the 5-star hotel he stayed at in Munich. At the other hotel he stayed at, he slept in a double bed which had two twin blankets rather than one double blanket. Bizarre. He ordered room service there and the weirdo chose pizza and salad. Honestly - you stay at a 5-star hotel in Germany and order dinner from a 5-star restaurant and you get pizza and salad??
I'm up late right now because I'm waiting for my Tylenol to kick in. I had to get out of bed due to a horrible headache I've been fighting all night. Probably work-induced. The best thing about work is that we stay so busy that the time really flies. The worst thing about work is that we stay so busy.
Anyway....my Tylenol is kicking in finally, so I think I'll head back to bed.

No comments: