CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Halloween Night

Scenes from our church trunk or treat:


We were an eclectic bunch this year. Skylar went as Juliet. Lucy was a bumblebee. Bart was Jengo Fett from Star Wars. Drake was Obi Wan Kenobi. And George and I went as Perseus and Medusa.



Lucy the bumblebee buzzes around her flower buddy Arden. Arden likes Lucy's antennae.


Drake scores lots of candy. Bart lets baby Ezra grab his nose. Vanessa will probably kill me for posting a picture of her, but her ice princess look was beautiful.



Here George and I show off our awesome physiques. Honestly, we should be carved from marble.

After Trunk or Treat, we went home and I took the kids trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. George volunteered for candy duty. I think Bart was more excited to give out candy than he was to get it. I found him at the end of the driveway with the candy bowl, waylaying trick-or-treaters. It was absolutely disgustingly hot (like 80 degrees even after sundown) but we still had a lot of fun. The boys were pretty tired after only a few houses, but Skylar wanted to keep going. One guy in the neighborhood was giving out half-dollars wrapped in orange tulle instead of candy. While we were still on the front step, Drake said really loudly, "This is money. I don't want money. Mom, you said we were supposed to get candy!" You gotta love toddlers' honesty.




Lucy loved trying out her candy when we got back home. I gave her a pack of Sweet Tarts to play with on the last part of the walk home because she was fussing. She ate the whole pack, from the top to the bottom with the paper on and everything (the next day I found the paper still mostly intact, if you know what I mean). Luckily we were able to convince her that raisins were candy and she ate two mini boxes of them.



I had to make the boys stop eating all their candy. They were being pretty sneaky, too. We even found Drake under the dining room table, cramming candy in his mouth. I had been pretty bummed out because I had to work most of the day, but it turned out to be a nice Halloween after all.

1 comment:

Allison said...

It was annoyingly hot, wasn't it? Love the bit about Lucy eating the sweet tarts package! hehe