CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Disney Part 1

These pictures are a long time in coming, but I have been totally daunted by the prospect of posting all these dang pictures.

However....I would suck as a person if I didn't post our Disney pictures, so here they are.

My 30th birthday rocked, even if I didn't get the party on the beach I had dreamed of. Instead of planning a party for me (George hates parties) at the beach (the beach is the only thing he hates more than parties), George offered to take me to Las Vegas. I have no desire to go to Las Vegas (sorry Nevada, nothing personal), so I jokingly replied, "You can get out of planning my party if you take me on a cruise". He thought that was a great idea, so we started looking into cruises, but as it was Labor Day weekend, I could not get Friday off, so we couldn't make it to any of the short cruises. So....we decided to take the Big Two to Disney...
We had a blast!



We drove all night (big mistake). George was so tired he made himself sick. I had just gotten off work and had planned on sleeping on the drive down, but my restless legs were driving me nuts. Bart's sleep medicine was in the back, so we pulled over on the highway so I could get out and take some. Well, it was dark so I couldn't see a THING and I stepped in a fire ant hill. My foot swelled up and looked pretty gross. We stopped just before dawn and parked in a hotel parking lot and we all slept for awhile before continuing on. We stopped again for breakfast in Florida at a Cracker Barrel. The kids and I ate while George napped in the car. Then we got up and drove the last hour to Disney, feeling a little tired but ready to GO!!!!

Skylar and Bart were absolutely amazed by Disney. They kept saying "We never thought it was really like this!" They were amazed that there was really a castle. They were amazed by how HUGE Disney was. They couldn't believe the shops and the people and the rides. It was a thousand times cooler to go there with them and see the wonder on their faces than any other time I've ever been.
One of our favorite rides was the Buzz Lightyear ride. We spent all of our first day in the Magic Kingdom. We looked at some of the shops on Mainstreet USA (the kids were agog at all the items in the shops) before heading over to Cinderella's castle for Skylar's princess makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.



We had made a reservation, but we still had to wait a good while before Skylar was taken back. It was really worth it, though. She looked so regal and so beautiful, our little princess.



Here she is getting the finishing touches to hair, makeup, and nails....



And voila! Before and after:



Posted by Picasa

No comments: