CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Wii are at odds

I suppose I forgot to mention a major development in our pathetically comical lives.
The Wii.
George and Bart have been wanting a Wii forever. I tried getting one for George last Christmas, but it was really hard to find one and also, it cost a little more than I could spend on him at the time. So I bought him a used PSP on Ebay, which he absolutely loves. He plays it nearly every night to unwind before bedtime. So I definitely had decided to find a Wii for him and Bart this Christmas.
However, one Tuesday night three weeks ago, George insisted on taking Skylar to her 7:15 tap class. I would take Bart to his 7pm karate class. When I got to karate with Bart and Lucy, our friend James asked why George wanted to take Sky to dance, as it was a bit unusual. I got to thinking about it and I replied that it was odd that he had been so insistent.
I should have known!
When we got home, George confessed that he and Drake had gone out while Sky was in class and bought a Wii and Guitar Hero.
The nerve!
Earlier that night at dinner, he kept saying he was going to go out and get a Wii, and asked what I would do if he came home with one. I told him I would make him take it right back and the only way he could have one right now is if it was free or $50. Well....
I didn't make him take it back. He was so excited! He had been saving up for it for six months. And he did buy me a really nice (used) Bernina sewing machine for Mother's Day. Honestly, I don't begrudge him things. I only get frustrated because he gives me such a hard time over every single thing I buy or want. I have always not really minded when he makes occasional frivolous purchases, because I do, too, sometimes. It just makes me mad when he gives me a hard time about how much my haircuts/colorings cost or when I need to spend money to buy a new maternity wardrobe because my last pregnancies were in an entirely different season!
That really bugs me.
So I've been trying to be supportive. I just wish I didn't have to keep reminding him to be as forgiving/supportive with me. Maybe if I had it screen-printed on the butt of my pants he might pay attention. Maybe I'll design a line of pants with things on the rear like, "Take out the trash", "Put the lid down", and "Not tonight".
Really, I used to be a romantic.

No comments: