CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 26, 2008

One of Those Weeks

It's Friday night...I think. All week, I've been a day off schedule. For some reason, I thought that Lucy's one month doctor appointment was Thursday. Actually, it was Wednesday. I thought my one month OB appointment was today. Actually, it was yesterday. So I missed both appointments by an entire day. Luckily, the pediatrician was able to fit Lucy in this morning, but my OB can't see me until the end of October. I asked the scheduling lady if it was safe for me to wait so long to see the doctor after delivery. She asked if I was doing OK, if there was anything wrong with me. Well, I told her I didn't think so, but really, how would I know for sure without seeing the doctor?
Like I said, one of those weeks.
My friends Vanessa and Melissa threw a baby shower for me tonight. It was really nice. They made the yummiest desserts and we had a good turn-out. It was low-key and fun. Lucy got some really pretty gifts that I just cannot wait to try on her.
Ever since we got home Lucy has been so fussy. She threw up in her Moses basket, so I had to change the sheet and tomorrow I'm going to have to wash all the padding. I have nursed, rocked, and patted all night. She just keeps waking up and fussing. I suppose it's going to be one of THOSE nights. At least I haven't gotten puked on yet, and the Moses basket was the one to get it. Last week, I got puked on so many times it was ridiculous. I remember one evening when George and I were trying to recapture some of the lost intimacy of the past several months. While we were kissing, all I could think was "I wonder if he can smell the puke in my hair?" It struck me as so incredibly funny/revolting that I began to giggle hysterically, but I was luckily able to stifle it at the last minute and play it off like I was just enjoying myself.
Honestly, who can feel up to being sexy when you are dead tired, still fat enough to wear your "skinny" maternity jeans, leaking milk, and wearing the unmistakable whiff of infant poo/puke/both? And how blind must a husband be to find his wife sexy at such a time? True love, I wonder, or sheer desperation borne of four to six weeks of enforced celibacy? I leave it to you to decide.
Sunday is Lucy's blessing at church. We decided only this week that we would go forth with her blessing now. Due to General Conference, we will not be going to church the first Sunday in October, so the next closest date was the first Sunday in November. However, I took a good look at the hand-smocked blessing dress I made for Lucy and decided that if we waited until November to do it, she would not be able to wear the dress. And I put hours of work into that dress and picked out dozens of stitches in order to get them just right. So this Sunday it is, short notice or not.
Pictures will follow.
P.S. Mindy took the two older children to her place to spend the next two nights. Bless her.

No comments: