CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Weekend Happenings

George turned 28 on Friday, May 2. We tried to keep it low-key, especially after the kind of day the kids and I had on Thursday. We ordered pizza from Papa John's (a splurge, since we usually pay about $6 for a large pizza at Gina's) and Skylar and I went to pick it up and pick out a couple of movies for movie night. Then we bought a Carvel ice cream cake from Harris Teeter, which George loves. We had a real treat and ate our pizza in the living room while we watched Alvin and the Chipmunks. I brought out Bart's little blue table and a couple of kiddie chairs, and the kids ate their pizza and cake in front of the TV. Consequently, Drake thought he could eat in the living room at every meal thereafter.
Saturday, George went to help out a friend in the morning. Afterward, Skylar and I went to pick up a few essentials at Walmart (like bug spray - the mosquitoes are awful in the back yard) and then we picked up George's birthday present from the Accidental Artist. I think it turned out really nice. The colors became so vibrant after it was glazed and fired. We made a big deal of presenting it to George, who seemed to really like it. Of course, he had wanted a motorcycle, but seemed surprisingly OK with getting a $30 plate instead.
Saturday afternoon I received in the mail my consultant kit for Charmed Moments. I recently signed up to be an Independent Jewelry Consultant after attending an Open House event at Mindy's house. I really loved the jewelry and the charm bracelets and charms, and apparently the opportunities are endless in this area right now - there are only about four consultants in NC right now (5 now that I've signed up). The charms and jewelry are so affordable and so cute! I held an Open House/Kick-off Show and was really pleased with the results. Five people were interested in holding an Open House. I'm pretty excited. So, I spent a couple of hours going through all my consultant stuff and my new jewelry. I put together Skylar and Bart's charm bracelets.
Then, George and Bart went fishing, and I took Skylar and Drake to Kinston, to Leslie-Grace's dance recital. Later that night, George took Bart to a barbershop chorus concert. Skylar, Drake, and I ended up getting home a little after 11pm. Talk about tired...
Sunday morning, Skylar woke up with a stomachache, so she stayed home from church. This could be due to the fact that she had pizza for dinner Friday night, pizza for breakfast and lunch on Saturday, and Pizza Villa pizza for dinner late Saturday night. Too much of a good thing, right? George and Drake stayed home with her. Bart and I went to church. While there, our friend James asked me to bake a cake for his wife, Vanessa, whose birthday party he was secretly planning for Tuesday night. I agreed gladly. I am always looking for an excuse to practice my cake-baking/decorating skills. This time I would be making a red velvet cake, which I had never made before. Little did I know...
Sunday afternoon, George went to help a friend from work move a large playhouse to his new place. He took Bart along with him. Skylar, Drake, and I headed to Havelock High School, where Skylar was being recognized for her winning submission at the county level for the Young Authors' contest. Last year, she won for both county and state. I thought she did a great job on her submission. I watched her receive her award, then I took Drake out to the lobby where he ran around like a crazy nut until the event was over. He noticed some kids playing baseball in one of the fields nearby and he kept going to the glass doors and saying "be-ball" and indicating that he wanted to go out. Right now his big thing is that he loves to play. If you say "Do you want to play?", Drake will cry "Be-ay!!" which is how he says "play". Sometimes he will grab my hand and pull me into the playroom or try to get me to take him outside to "be-ay!!" It's really pretty cute. However, the only two places where he thinks he can "be-ay" is outside or in the playroom. If I try to take him upstairs to "be-ay" in his bedroom, he thinks it's time for night-night. I would love, love, love to know what is going on in his little mind sometimes.

No comments: