CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Weekend

Bart and Drake went to spend Friday night with George's mom and Mindy. They were so excited to go. Bart loves to play with his cousin, Mack, and Drake loves his "Aunt Minnie". It's so adorable. I didn't even have a whimper out of Drake when Tom picked the boys up. Drake happily packed his Thomas suitcase and climbed into the car before the carseat was even completely strapped in.
Of course, the boys were happy to come home tonight, too, but it makes me feel good that they enjoy going over to Mindy's so well. It's good for them to play with their cousins and it's nice for George and myself to get a little time just with the girls.
Skylar had a dance competition in Jacksonville today. She did well and had a good time. She complained about the hairspray I put in her hair and whined when I curled her eyelashes and put a little mascara on her. Honestly, you'd never know she begs me to let her wear makeup out, the fuss she puts up over it at competition time. Anyway, she enjoyed performing two numbers and horsing around with her dance friends. Her lyrical group won third place overall in their division.
It absolutely poured all day long today. Jacksonville traffic was ridiculous. It's not RTP for heaven's sake! We finally got home and enjoyed some quiet time planting vegetable and herb seeds in our little starter trays in the kitchen. The boys came home in the late afternoon and Renee ordered Papa John's for dinner.
Then I ruined our dessert. I couldn't believe it. I've made chocolate chip cookie pie a trillion times, and this one time can you believe I left out the flour? I was pretty mad because I had doubled the recipe so I wasted three whole sticks of butter.
George was a butthead and said he was too tired to stay up and watch a movie with me, so I got a little pissy and went to Wal-Mart at 9:50pm. I tried on jeans, felt bad I'd given George a hard time about being tired, and bought him a Chuck Norris folder to make up for it. Actually, I bought him a couple since they were only a quarter each. They say, "Chuck Norris beat the sun in a staring contest", "Chuck Norris had his tonsils removed with a chain saw", "Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water and he can make him drink", and "Chuck Norris does not sleep, he waits".
These days George is all about this website that lists all these funny things about Chuck Norris. It's pretty humorous. I'll have to post the link later.
Anyway, it's late. I need to get to bed. But first, I have to switch over the laundry so the boys can wear pants tomorrow.

No comments: