CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

At it again

I should have kept my big mouth shut when I wrote earlier how great George and I are doing lately when it comes to each other.
I wanted to kick him out of the house earlier today.
He shrank my favorite black sweater. I had planned on wearing it today. It makes me look slimmer than I am and it's quite attractive.
He decided he was going to "help" me out while I was finishing decorating Bart's cake by switching laundry from the washer to the dryer. Now it's a measure of how sleep-deprived I am lately that I even allowed him in the same room with any of my laundry. He is generally not allowed to do any item of my clothing because he always ruins it.
So I actually cannot believe I told him he could go ahead and switch laundry over. I should've known better. I did caution him (and he heard me, he admits it) that he HAD to hang up all of my shirts in that load of wash, that they could not go in the dryer. So what does he do?
He hangs up every one of my tops EXCEPT MY FAVORITE ONE, which found its way into the dryer and is now two inches too short to wear and tight around the arms, shoulders, and chest.
I was so mad!!!!
And to seal his doom, George had the nerve, the absolute audacity, to get mad at me for getting mad at him.
Oh, that was it for me. How dare he? If I broke one of his precious tools, he would flip. But because it was only a sweater (how silly of me!), it's somehow OK.
This also happens to be the sweater that he really likes me to wear.
Idiot!
I'm afraid we had a bit of a row over the sweater incident.
However, it's a measure of how we've lately come to an understanding about what kind of people he and I are and how we deal individually with situations, that we were able to not let the matter get out of control and were able to recapture our earlier good mood. I'm rather proud of us. It takes some work sometimes, but it's definitely worth the effort.
Oh, I'm still pretty ticked off at him. And I am going out first thing Monday and buying a new sweater to replace the ruined one.
But at least we didn't let my sweater ruin our marriage.
Nope. That's what March Madness is for...

No comments: