CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Back to Normal?

Today I was able to leave Lucy and Drake with Mom and Mimi for about two and a half hours. I helped out at Sky and Bart's school book fair. It was kind of nice just to have to worry about myself for a little while. I love spending time with my babies, but it is priceless to get a little breathing room sometimes. One of these days (SOON!) George and I need to go on a real date. The closest thing to a date we've had is taking Lucy with us to Red Lobster. When you have four kids, a date is defined as an event where the number of children with you is less than or equal to the number of adults.
Wednesday, Drake and Lucy had doctor appointments. Lucy is now twelve pounds - she was ten pounds at one month of age. She had four shots and an oral vaccine for rotavirus. Drake got a finger prick, and he just sat there watching as the nurse prodded the blood into the little tube. He didn't cry or anything, not until a few minutes later when the nurse had left the room and Drake realized he didn't want a the bandaid on his finger. He also got the nasal spray flu vaccine. What a brilliant idea! Honestly. He didn't even whimper.
Lucy's head is a bit flat on back, from sleeping on her back. Our other three children were tummy sleepers, but Miss Lucy loves sleeping on her back with her face turned to the right - the direction of the small window in our alcove. So I turned her Moses basket around so she would have to look left to see the window. Sneaky...but the doctor told me to. Actually, she said it was probably a good idea to go ahead and get Lucy to sleep in her crib now, since she would be outgrowing the Moses basket pretty soon. But it's so easy to put her to bed in her basket. She just loves it. Everytime we try to put her down in her crib, her eyes pop open, even if she had been fast asleep only a moment before. Personally, I think Lucy likes sleeping near George and I. I also think she's grown accustomed to the sound of George's snoring. It's like a cacophany of wild pigs rooting in garbage.....Soothing....

No comments: