CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Last week George recovered from "the flu". Miraculously, he's fine now.
What a nice weekend we had. I always love Conference weekends. It's so relaxing and even though I usually don't get to hear most of what's said, it's just the point that it's Conference. Somehow, even though the kids are fighting or playing loudly or demanding juice, I still end up coming away with something I needed to hear. In between, we decorated the house for Halloween and I think it looks pretty creepy....
We went to the Nicolaysens on Sunday and ate WAAAAAY too much, but it was so good. Vanessa, I want that roll recipe. It's the best. We also came home and Skylar had a long talk with me about wanting to be homeschooled. I am considering it because she's been asking me about this for several years now and I think she's really serious about it. Plus public school is pissing me off. Skylar was told the other day that she couldn't bring this Special K 90-calorie pretzel and chocolate granola bar because it wasn't healthy. Honestly, I buy the Special K 90-cal bars BECAUSE they have less calories and less sugar than regular granola bars and fruit and grain bars. Skylar said that if kids bring something for snack that the teacher deems "unhealthy", she throws it away. I hit the roof when I heard that. Throw away food?? Then perhaps the teacher would like to reimburse parents for the cost of the thrown out food? First of all, public school has no business telling me how and what to feed my kid. Second of all, if they were really so concerned about unhealthy snack choices, they'd harp on those sugar-laden gummy fruit snacks and mini soda-pops kids bring.
One more thing and I really do think I am going to jerk my kids out of public school and homeschool them, which is a shame because I really want them to get the whole elementary school experience.
Anyone out there want to join together and start a charter school???? Trust me, we would not be teaching the kids about global warming and we will DEFINITELY allow the Pledge of Allegiance and CHRISTMAS parties (as opposed to "holiday" parties).

1 comment:

Nessa and Jeebs said...

I"m all for it- that is RIDICULOUS!!!! We need some more people and we could start a charter school or a montissory school or SOMETHING! The rolls are just 1 cup yellow cake mix, 1 1/2 cups water, 1tblsp yeast and 3 1/4 cups flour. The method is on mommyskitchen.net - if you scroll down and click on breads on the left side of the screen it takes you to all the bread recipes she has- and they're called cake mix dinner rolls.