CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 2, 2009

George and I watched the Last of the Mohicans as a sort of date night. It's my all-time favorite movie. I've loved it since I was a kid, but then I discovered through geneology research that one of my ancestors was taken captive by the Indians during the French and Indian War. Her parents were killed, and her brother and sister were separated and taken into captivity, too. Her sister was taken north and was later rescued by Daniel Boone. My ancestor married an Indian man and had a daughter. Later, after the wars, when English captives were released, the daughter was made to go back to live with white relatives. She was persecuted for being half Indian, but she ended up marrying Daniel Jarrell, my paternal ancestor. I think their story would make a really good book, and I've been thinking of writing it someday.

No comments: