CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 21, 2009

Fall at Last

Thank goodness for autumn. It's my favorite season, only I wish it were a little cooler. Yesterday was so nice. We just went to church, even though George left early and I couldn't get all the kids out of the house on time and Lucy almost fell out of the car onto her head. Luckily, Skylar caught her upside down by the hem of her skirt. Basically Lucy was just hanging upside down with her head a foot or so from the asphalt. Ahhhhhrrrrrggggg. But everything was fine once we actually go to church (which it always is) and Lucy was really good for me while I taught the lesson in YW.
We came home, ate lunch, and everyone except the big kids got naps. I slept REALLY well and felt so refreshed when I woke up. Then we started dinner and had friends over. It was just a nice, relaxing evening. I haven't cooked a real meal in weeks. George made a teriyaki pork roast. I made homemade mac n' cheese, cabbage, and I even threw together a peach cobbler for dessert (I haven't had dessert in sooo long!). None of it was anything fabulous, but just all the smells and the feeling of fall in the air made me feel cozy and happy. I lit my favorite candle which smells like apple cider, a sure sign that fall's a-coming.
I'm sure I sound like a dodo, but is it so wrong to be glad to be happy?

1 comment:

Allison said...

I'm glad it's fall, too. It means Halloween is right around the corner...I love Halloween!

That thing with Lucy would've given me a heart attack! Good thing Skylar was there.