CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 8, 2008

Lucky Girl

I get to have a root canal tomorrow. Yea, me.

I've been loopy on Tylenol with Codeine since Friday night. Sometimes I feel like my arms and legs are not attached to my body.

George put aside money in our health spending account so that I could have a root canal and crown done in January, but my tooth would not wait three weeks until we could actually afford it. So, lucky me, I get to have the root canal done tomorrow.

We had a nice but busy weekend. Saturday, we (mostly George) succeeded in cleaning out most of the garage. This was quite a feat, let me tell you. I'm actually very impressed/surprised that my husband worked so hard to get it cleaned up. He must be feeling that Santa's-list-naughty-or-nice crunch.

Renee took Bart and Mack to Jacksonville to do Christmas shopping, so Bart missed going to see the Flotilla with us Saturday evening. I was not real happy about that, but at least he had fun going to see "Bolt" at the movies and playing at Chuck E. Cheese with Nana and Mack. It was pretty chilly out, but I think the Flotilla is always worth it. There's just something quaint and cozy about downtown New Bern at Christmas. I love the atmosphere. It's all about carriage rides and boats and artwork and good food.

Sunday, after Church, Skylar had to ride with the Girl Scouts in the Trent Woods parade. New Bern's parade had been on Saturday afternoon, but we chose to skip it this year and just go to Trent Woods. It was cold and windy out. We parked near Bangert Elementary and found a place near the beginning of the parade route. One thing I love about the Trent Woods parade is that those folks know how to give out some candy! I have literally never seen so much candy and goodies thrown to parade-goers, and let me tell you, I have been in a LOT of parades in my life. At one point, the candy was literally raining down from above - I'm not even exaggerating. We got hit with Tootsie Rolls and candy canes lobbed by over-excited Cub Scouts and collected tangerines given out by Bart & Skylar's school, Ben D. Quinn. We caught a bag of golf tees and a poster of Handy Manny. Last year, Drake got a stuffed animal. We collected candy until our pockets were full and then we had to put it in the basket under the stroller. The only thing I had to put all the candy in when we got to the car was a small backpack. The candy filled the backpack to the very top. I'm telling you - it was better than Halloween.

Monday, we succeeded in finally getting our Christmas tree decorated for Family Home Evening. We'd had it up with lights and ribbons on for a few days, but due to busy schedules, it had just sat there unfinished. Of course, that's one down like four more to go. I put a smaller (six foot) tree on the upstairs balcony, two four foot trees on the front porch, and I'm contemplating putting my four foot white tree in the playroom. I recently located my box of white and blue Christmas decorations, which had gotten misplaced in the shuffle of moving,

I'm doing it again. I'm falling asleep at the keyboard. It's definitely time to get to bed....

No comments: