CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 27, 2010


Lucy knows how to do "Ring Around the Rosies"!
It's so cute! At first I had no idea why she was toddling around and around in a circle on the kitchen floor and then plopping down only to get back up and do it again.
Then I realized she was trying to sing and I thought I could make out something like "ashes ashes we all fall down" just before she plopped her little diapered butt down on the floor with a big grin at me.
So once I caught on, I started singing too and we played Ring Around the Rosies for probably fifteen minutes without stopping. After we had "all fall down"ed, Lucy would bend her head toward me, catch my eye, and say "Gin?" And we'd get up and do it all over again, laughing wildly.
I love how kids can run with no apparent motive or direction, back and forth across the house, laughing and squealing like it's the funniest thing ever. I love how they can eat a bowl of Cheerios for breakfast every morning for a year and not get tired of it.
If I could just put the rest of life on pause and get reality off my back, I think I could literally spend the entire day doing nothing but playing with my kids and be the happiest person on the planet.

1 comment:

Nessa and Jeebs said...

I agree- If only I didn't have to worry about my disgusting house, laundry, dishes, my big butt- playing with my kids all the time would be AWESOME!