CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Today Lucy waved and said "Bye, bye". It was so cute I couldn't stand it.

This morning Skylar was inducted into the Elementary Honor Society or something like that. I was such a great mom, of course, that I left my camera at home and someone else's mom had to take a picture for me. Also, I spent the whole ceremony standing up in the back of the room holding onto Lucy and shooting Drake dirty looks to STOP TALKING AND WHISPER RIGHT NOW, MISTER.

I knew Skylar was going to try to con me into taking her out of school early (it was only 10:15 by the time we were done) and had steeled myself to be firm and unyielding in the face of her excuses. I was unprepared for tears, however, and I let her sucker me into checking her out early. She really hates school right now, which is a shame. I'm afraid she's losing interest in learning because she is so bored/frustrated.

Right now I'm mad at George. I'm not really sure why, but I think it has something to do with the fact that he barely said ten words to me all night and when he did it was to ask me to unload the dishwasher, put dinner away, and to add that it only takes "a few minutes" to cycle laundry through the washer and dryer. I had been hoarding my arsenal of four-letter words for just such an occasion and felt it was appropriate to drop one in response. It felt pretty good.

1 comment:

Nessa and Jeebs said...

LOL i hope it was a good 4 letter word