CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 14, 2009

I can't believe it's almost Christmas. We only put one tree up this year (I usually do at least two and I have had as many as five trees), which I think is a big step for me. I've learned to scale back, not necessarily due to the economy, but due to the fact that I am dead tired.
Drake is almost fully potty-trained now. He still wears a pull-up at night, but I'm OK with that. I got most of our Christmas shopping done in November this year. I've just been trying to decide what I want to get for George this year. Honestly, he's so hard to buy for.
Skylar is having major drama with her PE teacher. She thinks the PE teacher has some sort of personal vendetta against her, but in reality, I think her personality just rubs Skylar the wrong way - she seems perfectly fine around Bart, who also has her for tennis lessons.
Friday night I didn't work, so I was able to go on the Young Women's trip to Bath to see a live nativity scene. It was outdoors in an amphitheater. It was a REALLY cold night and we were all freezing, but it was definitely worth it. We had a lot of fun. I brought Bart and Sky along with me. Bart was so funny. He didn't know what to do with himself around all those teenage girls. We had to make him settle down and stop sitting on people. I think he developed a little crush on at least one of the girls.
Lucy is being a little pill lately. She is perfectly adorable, but when she gets it into her mind that she doesn't want to be changed, she makes it almost impossible to change her diaper or her clothes. Sometimes she pitches a fit and kicks her feet on the floor. Once in awhile if she's standing up, she stamps her feet if she's angry. It's pretty funny, but also pretty annoying when I'm trying to get the big kids to school on time. The other day, I could swear she said "Dora" and pointed to a Dora toy in the store. Today, she put her arms around Drake's neck and hugged him for a long time, until Drake got tired and pushed her off.
Having kids is great entertainment.

At the beginning of December, I was able to go with Skylar to the 4th and 5th grade Colonial Camp field trip ("field trip" because it was in the field outside their school). It was a lot of fun. The kids played Colonial games, got their faces painted like Native Americans, ate a Colonial lunch cooked over a fire, got to shop in the trading post, dressed up in old-fashioned clothing, and made crafts. It was a really cool field trip.





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Allison said...

Oh man, I really wanted to go to that live Nativity in Bath. I bet it was really neat!