CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 17, 2011

I was abducted by aliens....

I wish I had a good excuse for not writing for so long, but I don't really. I LOVE to write. But too many summer classes + work + kids + stress made me hate to do what I love best. It has taken me over a year to even sit down at a computer for more than a few grudging minutes. What can I say? I have never pretended to be anything other than a basket case. I haven't kept up with my email (sorry, everybody if I ignored your emails!), I haven't posted pictures of my kids, I haven't done any online research that I absolutely didn't have to- nothing. I didn't even download any music. I'm still not convinced I'm over my computer-phobia. If it weren't for my iphone was the only way I stayed connected at all.

So........

My reason for re-joining the written world is a good one. It's simple.

It's for you, Dad.

I want you to be able to read all about my crazy days and your sweet/obnoxious grandkids when we can't be there to see you in person. If we could, we'd be there every day. But I know we would drive you crazy, and you would never get any rest.

I'm a really terrible telephone conversationalist, and not much better in person. But I don't mind writing...when I'm not being neurotic about computers.

So, Dad, I'm doing this for you because I just don't know what else to do. When things get hard, I've always written.

I love you and I'll see you soon!

No comments: